Wednesday, January 15, 2014

YES!....and then not so much.



So I’m going to start off by telling you guys about YESTERDAY!



(1-14-14)

 Leo was better and it was our first day back at it!  However, I woke up not feeling well…. despite that I was determined to ride, and I went ahead with my lesson.

It was great! We took it super essey (not even cantering) and worked on getting him to be submissive all the time. Leadon gave me a “bag of tricks” to help with this as Leo seems to figure out one "trick" out just as soon as it starts to work! We finished on a good note. And his hives seamed under control!


I on the other hand, ended up making a trip to the Dr. to get checked out. ( all is fine!) it turns out I’m having a allergic reaction to something, (its a lot like what Leo had, and comes with the same treatment! Go figure….) I got the meds in me and started to feel better. Meaning I made it to our 6:30 talk, and I'm so glad I did.

Carol Lavell (She won a bronze medal in team dressage at the 1992 Summer Olympics in Barcelona) gave sort of a bio of herself, and her horse Gifted. at the tack shop ShowChic.  It was amazing to hear someone who had been there and done what we all our striving for talk about her life. She gave advice, and told amazing story’s!


(1-15-14)

So then…today! it was a rainy cloudy day! ( never that fun!)

I am feeling better (thank goodness!) but Leo broke out in more hives this morning, so we missed our lesson. L he was not sensitive on the hives, so I was told to “tack walk” him ( which means walking around under saddle….I did not know that!) today, and ride him tomorrow. however he is not allowed outside until this clears up, poor boy!
He also is going on some antibiotics to nip this in the bud! please keep us both in your prayers!

Also our lecture was canceled today. So all in all it was a rainy, slow day!

 

 

Well that’s all folks! Tomorrow is a new day! Lets hope for the best. we are having our first " lunch and Learn"...I wonder what that is all about!!!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment