Monday, January 13, 2014

Road to Recovery!


So these past couple of days have been a roller coaster! With Leo not feeling good, and then I got a little sick as well (allergies), its been rough, but we are getting thought it!

Here’s what we found out about Leo; On Friday he broke out in hives ( it was ugly, I wont share the pics!), We found out (after a vet call…) that he got a fungus.  Not fun! He got put on some meds, as well as given oatmeal baths! The hives have been clearing up and we are guessing that the fungus/hives were the case his sore back, so in a way I am thankful! He is feeling better and I’m going to lesson tomorrow on him and see how he does! Be praying!

 

The past couple of days we have had some really cool lectures,  

Thursday, Friday, and Saturday we watched the CDI's at Global ( wow there are some amazing riders! ) it is so cool! I can say “hey I’m running to the show” and go five minutes and watch some of the top riders in the country compete! What an amazing experience!


Saturday during the show we had a Q & A session with Elisabeth Williams, an FEI Chief Dressage Steward at FEI, and a USEF Technical Delegate. It was interesting to hear what all happens “behind the scenes” at shows! Two of the things I took away from it were, A) read the rulebook! And B) don’t be afraid to go to the TD and ask a question!.


Sunday we did pilates with Robin Shehan.  It was really fun! I have never done anything like a platies class, and found I enjoyed it. We did mat pilates; a mix of stretching, core work, and yoga. I came out feeling relaxed, stretched, and ready to go! Its amazing how much you need the core, and balance for good ridding. I know I’m going to want to do it again!

Today ( Monday) is our day off!!! YES! I fed Leo and then went back to bed, yes I know crazy.....but I needed it.


well, talk to ya later!
J

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment