Wednesday, February 12, 2014

New stuff!!!!


So today, I’m going to tell you about my lesson yesterday, and then give you the down lode of today!

We finally reached a point where I can get off the 20 meter circle and work on some “cool stuff”!! Yes!

So after working on thoroughness…we went and started what will be the first step to counter canter!! a half diagonal to centerline. I enjoyed the exercise, and I think Leo liked the new challenge as well.  it is cool to start to see his brain really work on what we are trying to do. And anyone who knows Leo knows that when we are cantering is the best!!!

Also just as a note that made me happy- (The little things in life J  ) I found out I can get the kids meal at the local Pei Wei…. and be full…yes I’m talking about my dinner. You guys know me! I love food!

 

 

Today-

Today was sweet! It started with some good sprints, which are always fun, and tend to put me in a good mood!

Our lesson was good. I feel like Leo and I are almost there, its clicking with him. We worked more on canter, today focusing on being able to keep the lead all the way across on diagonals.  Also, we did our vary first clean walk to canter!!!! Did you know that the beats if the walk matter in the timing of your canter aids? I didn’t! I could not help but bust into a grin the first time it worked!  Crazy stuff right there. ;) also a little trick to riding the diagonals we used was to ride towards centerline, but let him “drift”  so you are really riding the diagonal bent towards the lead your on!  Leo is a fun horse to show new stuff, he tries his best to understand what I want ( giving me everything he can think of when offered a new question) but he also does not let me make ANY wrong moves!

 

Today’s lecture was by Charles De Kunffy, on dressage theory. Wow, I LOVED hearing him talk! He brought us all back to the basics of what dressage is, it is a living art! We also herd about how a horse is a riders mirror, in many ways, they not only show how you ride on a “scientific” level, they mirror what KIND of person you are as a whole. He talked about how horses teach people to be mature and responsible adults. Used quotes from the Greek philosophers, (thank you PEP for making me read them!!) as well as some great story’s to show how good riding is applicable to all of life.   I have so many quotes from this lecture today, but sadly I left my note book at the barn!!! So in fear of miss-quoting, I’m going to have to give them to you guys tomorrow!! (don’t worry, I won’t forget, we are going to listen to him tomorrow as well, I can’t wait!)

 

Ok, well its off to bed for me! ( my bed time gets earlier and earlier as the week goes on!)

J

 

No comments:

Post a Comment