Monday, February 24, 2014

im still here!!!!



I did not realize how long it’s been since I blogged! I apologize guys! Wow….time flys.

 

So I will just give you a rundown on this week, kind just whatever popes in my head!!

My lessons this week have been great! I feel like everything is coming together in my head, and in Leos strength, and it’s all “clicking”!!! So existing to finely feel like a “dressage RIDER!”…ok I’ll tell you about yesterday’s lesson now, cuz it was so awesome!!!

Yesterday we FINLY had everything click. We warmed up and then started in on the canter work, and while cantering across the diagonal is still messy, we no long want to swap leads at X! After that we played with some lateral work and THEN, when we went back to trot Leo was coming round, and through, he wanted to stretch down when I offered it! he was using his topline and I could SEE ( ok I looked down….) his shoulders being lose and free swinging!  And we got a “he is almost too deep!!!” ( that has been the goal the entire time, to have Leondn be able to say he is to deep)  By the end of the ride Ledon looked at me as asked where THAT came from! It was so cool, like all the pieces of everything I have been learning ( about how a horse muscles move and work, riders position plays a big part, all my lessons, as well as watching great riders) came together  and clicked! :D   

 

Ok now back to telling you about my week!

This week I was the barn manger, which means that I was the first to the barn in the mornings ( at the barn by 6:00), and often the last to leave!! Let me tell you, it’s been a LONG week!!

But its been a good week! We got to sit in on a Jan Blinks clinic, and as I said last week, I LOVE the way he teaches!

We had a lecture by Dr. Does on KT Taping, as well as chiropractic. We pulled out one of the horses and ALL evaluated him, and how he moved, and then Dr. Does adjusted  him and taped him with kinesiology tape. KT tape is an adhesive tape applied to the skin. It provides support for muscles, aiding in pain relief, as well as “showing” the muscles the correct poster and alignment for them to move.  It was so cool to have her point out the muscles in a horse and how they work for what job, as well as when they are tight how it effects how the horse works. After our demo horse got adjusted and taped we all watched  him move and saw a huge improvement! Dr. does also was kind enough to tape all of us!!! I got my neck and shoulders taped for pain, as well as a “shoulders back” training tape. Loved it! All my pain went away, and I could tell ( and others commented) on my poster in the saddle!!!! So cool

 

This weekend was the Youth Dressage Championships at gobble. We had three pepole from the program riding in it and it was so fun to go watch and support them! ( they all did well!) there were also lectures, and a party ( with a DJ!!!) that us WITies got to attend! On top of that there was a show at White Fences that two of our riders were in, so we went to watch them, and also volunteered at the show! What a weekend Hu??

 

Well, those are some of the “cool points” from this week!!! I WILL  be more diligent in my posting!

J

OH! something else that is cool, the WIT program, (and sometimes me) have been mentioned in several articles around the web!!! So cool to see this awesome program being put out there and getting noticed! I hope that other young riders hear about it, and apply!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment