Wednesday, March 12, 2014

the mother of all blogs


Ok so here is the mother of all blogs!


What I have been up to in my laps of bloging…well for startedrs lets talk about how my main man Leo is doing!
With some help from Rachel, ( one of the girls at HG, she is an amazing talented rider!) we have really been coming along! Leo is doing better and better, showing a night and day differences from when we started! Its awesome and I am so proud of him! AND we entered a show at Global! This coming week, the 19th and the 20th, Its going to be fun(lets pray it goes well!)!


As for letures and things that have been going on. Im going to talk about them in no praticuler order, so bare with me!


We had Maryanna Haymon’s ( she owns Marrydell farm)  come talk to us about breeding, confirmation, and what horses are being breed for today. This was fascinating! I learned so much about confirmation. Did you know that a lot of good dressage horses are cow hocked? It was fascinating to here her talk about blood lines, and the vast knowledge of what sires produces what.  Later in the week she also invited us to come watch her home-breeds be worked, and we talked about her horses. I really enjoyed talking about bloodlines and horses, and I can see myself sometime down the road becoming involved in breeding my own horses!

 

We had Lauren Samase a two time veteran at the Pan Amen games come and talk to us about her experience as a professional she now runs a sale barn for imported horses, and her views on the horse biasness was inspiring! One of the things she told us is that leggy and dark horses sell, and I must say,….yes I agree!! J she also strested the fact that there are really two things you can do to help yourself in this world, work hard, and be honest! Such good words of wisdom!

 

Kim Boyer ( our host at Hampton Green!) talked to us about her passion, the PRE horses. Wow what a cool bread of horse, with a history!! I love hearing about how the pure Spanish horse has a history that can be traced back into roman times! Its so cool how these amazing horses are still around, and how they are modernizing along with the rest of the world.

 

Beth (of the Horse of Course) came and talked to us about bits, it is amazing how much a bit can affect a horse, and the craftsmanship and thoguth that goes into bits! Wow that is a whole field in and of its self!

 

Another one of our field trips we went to see Leslie Morse’s horses. (she owned and road Kingsten, and Tip Top). I felt an instant connation to her as she is dyslexic as well!!! some of the things she stressed was to think outside the box, to be creative, and not afraid to put your back into it and get the job done! Got to love good down to eath people who love their horses the way she does!

 

Ok, well it’s my bed time, stay tuned for pictures!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment